Monday, January 2, 2012

Hard Lotion Bars




I made these bars as Christmas gifts this year. I also keep a bunch in our own bathroom cabinet. They work great and are very easy to make.
Here is a great tutorial video on how to make these bars:


Use equal amounts of these ingredients: beeswax, shea butter, coconut oil
Combine in a double boiler. Melt, stir well, and pour into molds. You can add essential oils of your choice when you first pour and mix with a toothpick. I didn't use oils the first time and they still smell nice. I like the smell of the natural beeswax.
I used mini muffin pans and also tried using an ice cube tray. I like the muffin mold the best. After they have cooled completely, I put the whole pan into the fridge for about 15 minutes and then turned the pan upside down on the counter and tapped each muffin cup with a wooden spoon. I lifted the pan and they had popped right out. Keep your lotion bars in a sealed container or a tin.

No comments: